It’s been eight days since I’ve posted. Eight days. While that doesn’t sound like a long time, when you’re trying to blog daily, eight days feels like a long stretch.
Although I haven’t been recording my daily “Moments of Joy,” I’ve had at least one experience each day when I’ve thought, “This would be a great thing to write about on my blog tonight!” Alas, I never actually got around to posting those experiences. However, below are eight moments when I’ve felt joy over the last eight days (in no particular order)…
- Seeing a truly beautiful sunrise yesterday morning. I couldn’t take a picture because I was driving.
- Driving around with John to check out Christmas lights in nearby neighborhoods.
- Listening to President Uchtdorf’s talk from this year’s LDS Christmas Devotional.
- Reading about Jesus Christ in the scriptures by the light of our Christmas tree.
- Shopping for Christmas gifts and thinking about the people in my life whom I love.
- Receiving and delivering Christmas goodies.
- Relaxing on Sunday night with John and his uncle and playing “The Grandfather Game.”
- Looking at my wedding pictures.