Our sweet little guy hits his one-month mark today! We’ve loved this last month of life with him. He is a very sweet baby. He generally never cries for no reason. If he’s crying, there is a reason, and it’s usually a pretty obvious reason. He’s a good (but loud) sleeper. At night when he sleeps, he makes all kinds of snorting, breathing, and cooing noises that can make falling asleep a little bit of a challenge for John and me. Below are some fun facts I want to remember about this sweet little boy.
- He loves having his back tickled or rubbed.
- When we go for walks and I push him in the stroller, he always falls asleep. He also will always fall asleep while we’re driving in the car.
- He hates being naked. When we change his clothes or get him ready for bath time, his cry can be heard pretty much anywhere in the house. But once his clothes are back on, he’s a happy camper.
- His mood can go from 0 to 60 in one second; meaning he can be perfectly content and then a second later start wailing. The opposite, however, is also true. He can calm himself down in an instant.
- He gets the hiccups at least once a day (this was true when I was pregnant with him as well).
- He loves soft blankets. There is one blanket in particular that his great aunt Linda gave him, and let me tell you, when he’s wrapped up in it, he’ll fall asleep almost instantly.
- When he gets really mad and is crying, his tongue shakes. Seeing his tongue shake yanks at my heart strings.
- His favorite part of bath time is when we pour warm water down his back.