Our cute little boy hits his two-month mark today. He sure has grown over the last month and has developed some very fun characteristics. My favorite new trait is his ability to smile in response to things. His smiles are the biggest in the mornings when I wake him up. Side note: I wake him up in the mornings because he normally sleeps an 8-9 hour stretch each night and could likely sleep longer if I didn’t wake him. I don’t want him to go longer than that without eating, so I wake him up. During the day, he normally eats every three hours. I loooove that he sleeps a long stretch of 8-9 hours. It allows me to get a solid night of sleep, and I am so, so grateful for that.
At seven weeks, we moved him into his bedroom to sleep (somewhat unintentionally). He fell asleep in his room one night, and I didn’t want to wake him by moving him, so I left him there. His room is really close to ours, and since he’s such a good sleeper, we decided to have him sleep in his own room moving forward. We haven’t transitioned to the crib yet, however. He wears an owlet sock on his foot that tracks his oxygen level and heart rate. If they dip below a certain level, an alarm goes off. This has brought me a lot of peace since he’s not sleeping in our room. Sadly, I accidentally washed the sock with the monitor inside. Soooo, we had to buy a replacement monitor.
Here are some fun facts about our boy:
- He is an awesome sleeper (as mentioned above, he does an 8-9 hour stretch at night without waking up).
- He is a messy eater. I am trying to figure out how to remedy this. He eats from a bottle because we had some nursing challenges. Sometimes I have to change his clothes after he eats because the milk/drool is all over his shirt collar.
- He is very happy (generally) and loves to smile.
- When music is playing, he’ll make a lot of “ooo” noises like he’s singing along.
- When the tv is on, he makes baby noises like he’s talking back to the characters in the tv show.
- He loves ceiling fans. When he’s in a room with a ceiling fan, he’ll stare intently at it (even if it’s not moving). If it is moving, he’s even more fascinated by it.
- I learned from my Grandma Morgan that he is the 100th descendant of my Grandpa and Grandma Morgan. David’s middle name is my Grandpa Morgan’s first name. My dad is also the 100th descendant of his great-grandparents, and he is named after his great-grandpa. I thought that was kind of cool when we learned about it.