Today our happy-spirited little guy hits four months. He’s certainly grown a lot and is learning new skills like grabbing at things. He’s gained control over his right hand, but still struggles to control the movements of his left hand.
Fun facts about our four-month-old:
- He recently started giggling and it’s adorable. He doesn’t giggle very often, but when he does, it melts our hearts.
- A little over a week ago, he began waking at night. Once he was given his pacifier, he’d fall back asleep. The last couple of nights though, he’s slept straight through the night like he used to do (hooray!). I am hopeful his good sleeping habits continue.
- He eats four times a day. Each time, he eats 8 ounces. He generally cries when he’s done eating because he wants more. After we meet with the pediatrician this week, we may begin giving him a little rice cereal.
- He recognizes that John and I are his parents and is now less apt to let others hold and cuddle him. However, he smiles at all people – stranger or friend.
- He is still super smiley, especially in the mornings.
- He consistently takes a morning nap about an hour and a half after he wakes up. He naps in the afternoon as well but we haven’t been able to get on a consistent schedule.
- He LOVES his bouncer. He will sit and bounce for long periods of time and remains completely content.
- He enjoys staring at his bedroom curtains (they are navy blue and white) and the curtains in our family room (they are red and cream). I think he likes the contrasting colors.
- His legs are very strong. He can stand with the help of someone holding his hands for balance purposes.
- A couple weeks ago, he rolled over from his stomach to his back (twice), but he hasn’t done it since.