It’s been half a year since David joined our family. He is so sweet and we love him so much.
Fun facts about David at six months:
- He can roll over in both directions and does so all the time.
- We put him to bed on his back but he likes to sleep on his stomach and will generally roll over during the night.
- He eats a variety of solid foods and is becoming more adept at eating from a spoon. He has an 8 oz bottle four times a day and will have about 2 oz of baby food right before his second feeding of the day.
- When he sees someone holding his pacifier or a bottle and he wants it, he’ll open up his mouth.
- He loves to smile and play peek-a-boo.
- The song “If you’re happy and you know it” always brings a smile to his face.
- He is WAY more observant than he used to be and studies his surroundings everywhere we go. I love watching him look around.
- He loves chewing on things (teething??), especially the side of his pacifier.
- He can pick things up and put them in his mouth.
- His is still generally cheerful in the mornings.
- He started sleeping through the night again and is fully used to sleeping in his crib. He sleeps from about 7 p.m. to 8:30 a.m. Since 7 weeks, he’s been able to sleep through the night without waking to eat. It started as a 7-hour stretch and has progressed to a 13-hour stretch. Around 4 months, when he moved from his sleeper to his crib, he would wake one to two times a night and fall back asleep as soon as he was given his pacifier. Those mini wake-ups no longer happen, which we appreciate 🙂
- He still loves bath time. He doesn’t get super smiley but he gets super relaxed as we bathe him. We bathe him before bed so he knows it’s time for sleep.
- He’s becoming a better napper but still struggles to nap for consistently each morning and afternoon. He’ll go down for a nap, but sometimes he’ll wake up 30 minutes later.