Our spirited little girl turned one in February! We had fun celebrating with family. On the Sunday before her birthday, we had a joint birthday party for Brooke and my sister Melissa. Their birthdays are three days apart (and a *few* years haha). My mom and aunt Diana were in town. The Wagners (my aunt, uncle, and cousins) and Keri also joined in for the celebration.
On Brooke’s actual birthday, our little family headed WalMart to pick out some toys for Miss Brooke and then to Cracker Barrel for a celebratory dinner. They have great food options for toddlers and pre-toddlers. However, our food took forever to be brought out to our table and both our kids got tired of waiting (plus it was close to bedtime). So, truth be told, it was not the most fun experience. We didn’t even end up eating as a family. Brooke was screaming. So, John and I took turns eating while the other took Brooke outside.
Fun facts about Brooke at one-year-old:
- She mimics lots of words we say and sounds we make.
- She loves to say “hi, hi, hi” and “uh-oh” and “no, no, no.”
- She very much enjoys bath time.
- She’s quite social. She’ll wave and smile at anyone.
- Her hair is beginning to get a little curl in the back.
- She is a super speedy crawler.
- When we start to sing “If You’re Happy and You Know It” she claps her hands.
- She still wakes up once a night. (We’re working hard to stop this!)
- She loves to eat rolls and chew on sliced red apples.
- She immediately pulls out any bow or headband I put on her head (almost always).
- She refuses to hold her bottle so we switched her to a straw sippy cup with handles. I saw these sippy cups at Target and figured we’d give them a try.