Last month, Brooke hit her 18-month mark. She is a happy and fun girl! The first year of her life, she was a fairly sad/upset baby. But in the last few months she has totally changed. She is SO happy. She had tummy troubles when she was born, and I wonder if those challenges continued with her longer than I realized, and that’s why she was upset a lot.
Fun facts about Brooke:
- She has become a very sweet cuddler.
- She is obsessed with Elmo. She has a little rubber Elmo that she calls “La La.” She carries him all over the house with her.
- She says “Oh no!” in the most dramatic (and cute) fashion.
- She loves wearing her winter hat (no matter the weather). She thinks it’s funny to pull it over her eyes and walk around and bump into things.
- She has the cutest curls in the back of her hair.
- When she’s looking for John, she’ll say “Daddy, are you?” That was her first phrase.
- She also says the phrase “I see you.”
- She has the best belly laugh when tickled.
- She is sneaky and fast. A couple weeks ago she climbed into David’s bathtub fully clothed (while also wearing her favorite winter hat).
- She’s a great eater.
- She loves to have her hair brushed. She still loves to pull out any bow or clip I put in her hair.
- I recently started putting her hair in pigtails and ponytails. Her hair has grown so fast over the past few months.
- She loves to explore and climb.
- She’s adventurous. We were at the beach last month, and she walked right into the ocean with no fear.
- She only drinks with a straw. She hasn’t seemed to figure out she needs to tilt her sippy cups.
- She loves to sit on John’s lap while he mows the lawn.
We love Miss Brooke (Brookie, as David calls her), and we’re so happy she’s in our family!