Near the start of the year, we celebrated Drew’s second birthday. The kids and I went to a kids museum near our home during the day (John was at work) and that night we all had pizza (Drew’s favorite food) and cake to celebrate. We once again had a lemon cake. Last year, I was sick on his birthday, and all we had at home was a boxed lemon cake mix we had meant to use during the Christmas season to make John’s grandma’s lemon bars. Drew seemed to like the lemon cake the first year, so I decided to make it again. He seemed to once again enjoy it, so perhaps it will become a tradition. The Sunday after his birthday, Melissa, Keri, and Uncle David came over for a birthday celebration.
Facts about two-year-old Drew:
- Fun, funny, energetic, joyful, silly, playful are all words that describe Drew.
- I would not be surprised if he ends up being the comedian in our family. He loves to laugh and he loves to make us laugh.
- Gives lots of hugs (sometimes his siblings do not appreciate this when they’re laying on the floor watching a show, and Drew lays on top of them to give them a hug haha).
- Has dance moves. We dance to a song every night before bed and Drew really gets into it.
- Right around the time he turned two, his vocabulary exploded. In the last two months, he’s gone from saying 5-10 words to saying 30+. My favorite right now is when he walks around the kitchen saying “hungry, hungry.” Neither of my older two kids did this.
- He’s at the top of the growth chart in size.
- LOVES baby shark.
He is so adorable !! Thank you for sharing this with me !! Sending love !!