Earlier this month, Drew hit the one-year mark. Even though Drew is my third, it’s still crazy to me how much a baby grows in their first year of life.
He went from this:
He’s been such a delightful, social, happy baby. My parents visited recently, and my dad commented that he didn’t hear Drew cry once. Drew’s typical demeanor is always happy. Teething has been the thing that’s caused him the most tears (generally in the middle of the night when he wakes up in pain).
We had two celebrations for Drew. The first was on his actual birthday with just our immediate family. His birthday fell on a week day and I was sick. So his actual birthday was pretty low key. I made him a lemon box cake because that was the only thing I had, and I didn’t want to run to the store because I wasn’t sure if I had COVID. Thankfully my COVID test came back negative the next day. The second celebration was this past Sunday with my sister, brother/sister-in-law (and their cute baby Will, Drew’s first cousin), our friend Keri, and John’s uncle David.
Below are facts about one-year-old Drew.
– He is the BEST eater. He is not picky at all. He eats anything I make. His food is generally loaded with vegetables and he eats them like a champ (while my others kids say “it’s yucky”).
– He loves being around people, especially his siblings. Sometimes he will cry at night when we put him down because he wants to keep hanging out.
– He is a speedy crawler.
– He likes to pull himself up and stand.
– He loves bath time. He likes to splash and chew on his bath toys.
– He has seven teeth. Four on top and three on the bottom.
– He likes to hear himself talk.
– He has a hearty laugh when he is tickled.
– He likes to tackle his siblings if they’re laying on the floor.
– He really likes his pacifier, which we’re in the process of weaning him from. He only uses it when he sleeps but the second we put him in his crib, he looks for his pacifier and plops it in his mouth.
We are so grateful for the joy and light he’s brought this past year into our lives!