Drew is a happy, smiley baby. Right around the 10-month mark he went through a bit of a cranky phase as some of his teeth we’re coming in and he was learning to crawl. We had some rough nights of sleep during that time, but he is back to being his cheerful self. Below are facts about 10-month-old baby Drew.
– Before learning to crawl, he did an inch worm scoot for a couple of weeks that was very cute.
– He loves to chew on things. Neither of my older kids did a lot of chewing while they were teething. I had unopened chew toys that had been gifted to my older two kids that Drew has appreciated.
– He sits up on his own in the bathtub and loves to splash.
– He loves to eat. When he sees his food, he begins shaking and opens his mouth wide.
– He loves to jabber, which is very cute and challenging when we’re in quiet places like church haha.
Mr. Drew is quickly approaching one-year-old status. He is a delightful and easy-going baby. He’s actually ten months old but I’m a little behind posting his monthly updates. Below are facts about Drew at nine months.
– He sleeps through the night again (yay).
– He loves to eat and is not picky about what he is fed.
– He can stay sitting up if placed in a seated position (he can almost push himself up to a seated position on his own).
– He loves to kick and splash in the bath tub.
– He has a second tooth coming in on the bottom, and we can see three coming in up top.
– He loves to randomly start screeching.
– He is all smiles practically all of the time.
– When he’s really hungry and sees his bottle, he opens his mouth and his body shakes. It’s pretty cute.
Drew is a light in our family’s life. Below are facts about 8-month-old Drew.
– He doesn’t crawl yet, but he loves to plank and get up on his hands and knees and rock forward and back.
– He loves to chew on things.
– He can hold his own bottle when he eats.
– He either likes to wake up early and take a long morning nap (I wake him up after two hours so he will still be able nap in the afternoon) or sleeps in until after 9:30.
– He loves to roll all around.
– He’s very ticklish and loves to laugh.
– He lights up when he sees his siblings, and they adore him.
– He has started waking up once a night but not consistently. I feed him 2-3 ounces and then he goes back to sleep. (Brooke started waking once a night around 8 months. I also would feed her a few ounces and she’d go back to sleep. This continued on for many more months – maybe even a year – so I’m hoping that’s not the case again).
John’s parents came in town for Baby Drew’s blessing. We had the blessing at our home on a Sunday afternoon. My sister, brother Trevor, John’s uncle David, and our church congregation’s Bishop came over that afternoon for the blessing. My parents and my brother Blake were able to join via Zoom.
As I’ve said before, Drew is such a peaceful baby. He makes my heart swell with love. It’s amazing how each child adds to the love in my heart.
We enjoyed having John’s parents with us for the weekend. I think Brooke and David had the most fun playing at two different parks with grandma and grandpa while they were here.
We tried to snap a family picture but the stars didn’t align to get us all smiling and looking at the camera. But hey, that’s the stage of life we’re in right now haha.
Drew is four months. Four months is one of my favorite times in a baby’s first year of life. It’s about this time that their personality begins to really shine through. Below are facts about Drew at four months.
– Drew is a champion sleeper. He naps great and sleeps through the night. I do get up about 4:30 each morning to put in his pacifier when he starts crying. He goes to bed at 7 p.m. and wakes up about 8/9 a.m. (We wake him up around 9 p.m. to feed him).
– A few days after he hit the four-month mark, he rolled over from his stomach to his back.
– He is so smiley!
– When he gets tired, he starts babbling and makes screeching noises. It’s so cute and funny.
– He doesn’t cry often. He is very calm and patient.
– He loves most people but I definitely think he’s a momma’s boy (at least at the moment ha).
Our little Drew hit the three-month mark recently. He continues to be such a peaceful baby. Below are fun facts about Drew at three months.
– He sleeps through the night without needing to eat (hip hip hooray!). He wakes up a few times at night, and I’ll stick his pacifier back in, and he goes right back to sleep. There have been a couple nights I haven’t had to stick his pacifier in. Hopefully those nights will become more frequent.
– He is so chill and calm. He pretty much only cries when he wants to eat or sleep.
– He takes two naps a day. One in the morning for about an hour and one in the afternoon for about three hours. He sleeps at night from 7 p.m. to between 8:30 and 9:30 a.m.
– He becomes really chatty when I look at him in the eyes and it’s just me and him. I told John I’ll be interested to see if he’s a kid who opens up and becomes talkative when he’s one-on-one but is otherwise more quiet.